Assignment 19 - Idea Napkin 2

1. You
I am Schuyler Gleaves, a 3rd year computer science major at the University of Florida. I have talents regarding math and computer science, and excel in logic oriented tasks. If I were to successfully set up this business, I think that it would become a focus in my life, but not detract from other important things such as my schooling.

2. What are you offering to customers
I am offering a service that will allow people to advertise available parking spots on UF campus during busy parking days (like UF gamedays). People would be able to look at the app/web\site and see where spots are available, and use the GPS features of their phone/mobile device to help them reach their parking location.

3. Who are you offering it to
My service has two main groups of customers. The first of these is people who are trying to find parking on UF campus. The second is people who have available parking spots to sell.

4. Why do they care
People who are in need of parking are often unfamiliar with the campus, stressed out, and in a hurry. These people would want and use a tool that simplifies the task of finding parking, and makes their day more efficient. On the other side of things, some people have excess spots that they can sell on these busy parking days. Usually spots are filled up for these close on campus parking spots, busome people live in far/hidden locations that people wouldn't stumble across, and are often unable to sell all their valuable parking spots.

5. What are your core competencies
I am very driven to help my idea succeed. I have the skills in computer science required to develop such a service, and the social skills to help promote it throughout campus. I am a student myself, and know my way around campus alongside how the parking system functions o ngame days.

Overall, I think that these elements fit together well and would help me to run a successful business.

Regarding feedback from my previous idea napkin, the two main takeaways were: more focus on who my participant is, and how my skills tie into this service specifically. I tried to focus more on exactly who my participant is and their reasons for using my service, as this would help me to achieve success with my app. As far as my skills, I clearly labeled how they tie into this service and would help me to succeed where someone else would fail.

Comments

  1. Schuyler,
    I think it's great that you have seen more who your participant is because not only does it give you a better idea of who to market to but it gives you a better idea of your company itself. if you know who you are advertising to and who a user of your product or service will be, it allows you to go deeper into what your company is trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Schuyler,
    As far as I am concerned, I would say that you have an important advantage that will help you out with your business idea, which are your knowledge in computer science and mathematics. Since your business idea is to create an app that can tell which parking spots are available, your costs of production for your business idea would decrease importantly if you would be able to create your own app. Even if you do not know by now how to create it, you will have definitely an advantage in learning how to create it due to your knowledge in computer science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schuyler,
    I think it’s great that you focused more on your participants. I think it made your pitch stronger overall. I’m also glad that you elaborated further on how each of your skills would make your more fit to build the service you are. Doing so will allow you to better pitch yourself to potential investors. Overall, great work, I am glad to see your work continue to develop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment