Assignment 23 - Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

1. Access to the internet to research anything necessary
This many seem like a simple one, but it is certainly valuable in this industry, and you can't do anything without internet.

2. Knowledge of Computer Science
Having a good knowledge of programming will allow me to implement my service through the use of something like an app or a website. It is a rare skill (theoretically) as not many people can say they are good enough at program to succeed. It is not really something you can copy, but it must be learned. The only replacement would be hiring others to do it for you, which would require more money.

3. Access to college campus
I am located on the college campus, and know how the campus life works. It would help me in creating any service that is related to college experience, such as my parking service. This is not necessarily rare, but combined with my other skills it is certainly valuable in helping any businesses related to the college life.

4. I have financial aid helping me through school, and am fortunate enough to not require a job during school hours. Thus, I have free time to devote to any ideas.
This is not necessarily a skill, but I have time that others may not necessarily have to spend on promoting / achieving my venture's goals.

5. I live near where my venture will be located
I am on campus at UF, where my parking service would be located. This means that I can see first hand how the service is working, rather than just looking at numbers/statistics. This means that I am truly able to analyze how to better run my service, something which is certainly valuable.

6. I myself have parking which I am able to sell
I could get first hand experience at being a customer to my own service, something which is certainly valuable. I could see how my app functions and if there are any roadblocks which could prevent success in the venture.

7. I have completed many interviews of the college campus population
In my time in this course, I have acquired a lot of knowledge through the many interviews I have completed, which gives me an upper hand against those who may be coming in from outside the campus with no real feel of how the population feels regarding the current parking situation during UF gamedays.

8. Connects to people who sell parking
I know many friends who currently have to sell parking through the use of advertising with signs on the sides of the road. I could use them as the initial customers for my app, and help drive some traffic to the service. This is certainly valuable, as it gives me a leg up in generating traffic for my venture. It is not necessarily rare, but still important nonetheless.

9. Ability to contact those who deal with parking/transportation at UF
As a student at UF, I have the ability to contact any of the parking/transportation offices to inquire about any information / legalities I would need help with. This is certainly beneficial for starting up my business and assuring that everything runs smooth.

10. I have the drive to succeed, and will not give up at the sign of trouble
I am someone who is tenacious, which will help me to truly succeed in any venture I try to. I will not give up if things get hard, and I have the time and patience to succeed. This is not necessarily something which is rare, or hard to attain, but will certainly be helpful when combined with my other attributes.

Overall, I think the most important resource is my computer science knowledge. The creation of the app for my parking service will most definitely be the most important part of getting this all up and running. Without that, there is nothing for me to advertise or being promoting. The app /website needs to be fluid and easy to use in order to acquire customers.

Comments