Assignment 25 - What's Next?

I personally think that I will need to create a concrete plan of how the parking service will work, along with some solid data/numbers (such as: how much revenue I will take from each successful sale, the boundaries of the region the app will cover, any legalities regarding this service) in order to begin putting the app into work. I would need to begin creating a rough prototype of the app to see that the response time and functionality of the app is all working well enough that I will be able to push it out flawlessley.

Existing Market Interviews
Interview 1: This person is someone who is currently selling parking on the UF campus. They specified that I should definitely have the ability for people to reserve parking online through the service, something which I have been thinking about off an on. When asked what they might want next, they said expanding the service to provide the ability for people to advertise long time parking.

Interview 2: They said I should focus on getting the word out for the service, and gauging the response people think about any certain pricing. The person said that from the point of view of someone buying parking, they may want to see GPS functionality intertwined with the service, something I have definitely been planning.

Interview 3: This person feels that my idea is great, and we should try to expand it from just football games to any general events at UF, like basketball games, festivals, etc. They said that we should also implement some form of event planning, such as showing where there are active tailgates during the gamedays that people could park at.

I think that a different market my service could be valuable in is parking for large scale locations like sports stadiums or malls. The service would be run by the owners of the venue, as opposed to individual sellers, and would be more catered to helping logistics as opposed to gaining money for the venues.

Interview 1: I first contacted a medium sized venue, which often sees ~2000 people attending events. They said that the main issue would be recording of available spots, as there is no technology currently in place to monitor what spots are full. Therefore, I would have to implement some form of parking monitoring system, or automated system to determine if people park in the right location.

Interview 2: This person is someone who attends these large scale events. They believe that my service is a great idea, which will surely help the logistics of the stadiums. They would definitely want the service to direct the person to their parking spots through GPS, and possibly tie into any of the closed routes in the stadium due to police presence, etc.

Overall, I think there is definitely potential for me to succeed in a different parking related market. The concept of my app would slightly change from being based on selling parking to being used to control the flow of parking.

Companies could use my app to help the logistics of getting people to their events, and if enough people had my app downloaded, could use it to promote their events as well.

Comments